The most common issue I see in the Kobo Vox is people having power issues. The device isn’t charging, the wi-fi goes on and off, etc. This is, in my experience, almost always because of the battery connection. The reason for it occurring is idle speculation, but I can tell you how to fix it.
- Take the back off the Vox. Use a fingernail, or something thin to pop off the plastic quilted cover.
- Gently remove the battery. This is the large, thin rectangle taking up most of the left hand side. The battery is attached to the Vox with a small cable, emerging from the bottom right hand corner of the battery. This step makes it easier to access the cable plug.
- Grasp the small white plug at the end of the cable. Gently wiggle it while pulling, to detach it from the Vox.
- Once you have unplugged the battery, plug it in again, making sure you feel a “click”. If you don’t feel the click, try again. The plug is not properly seated, otherwise.
- Place the battery back in its compartment, ensuring you loop the wires under the tab at the bottom of the battery housing, so they don’t get pinched.
- Snap the back of the Vox back into place.
Voila! Your power problem will now, hopefully, be fixed. Also, while the cover is off, take note of the small recessed button, located next to the upper right-hand corner of the battery. This is the manual reset button, just in case you ever need it.